Saturday, January 21, 2023



OK in a postscript to the post below, I found the magazine referred to online, and it even had the picture of John which I screenshotted and put here. It is my favorite picture of John, because he has more personality in it, but the online version is not as good as the one I have in my hands, so much more the reason to scan it myself, put it up, and get on with things.

It's interesting that such an old 1889 magazine is now in google books and freely available to everyone; this simply wasn't true about twenty years ago when I started looking into such things. It's a miracle of the modern day.

But I have the quotes, the wording, etc., just how I want it, and can now see the cover of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minden, Iowa

Today would have been my dad's birthday; James Leverett Jr. would have been 95, but died a few years ago. He was a prolific photographer...